I thought of it, I wanted it... so I baked it.
I really love cinnamon... if it weren't so expensive I'd probably eat from Cinnabon everyday : ) Here is my own quick and easy cinnamon bread. I like mine plain but if you want to put raisins, walnut or anything else that catches your fancy then you may. (I'll tell you when to add them.)
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- one stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tsp bakung powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- raisins or nuts (optional)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp butter
Let's Bake It!
For those of you who thought baking was a challenge.... you will be pleasantly surprised that its really quite easy.1. Sift together all the dry ingredients (Flour, cinnamon, sugar, salt and baking powder). For the flour you can use cake, all purpose or whole wheat whatever you want.Set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix all the wet ingredients. Lightly beat the eggs with a fork and add the softened butter or margarine (leaving it on the table for 30 minutes is enough to soften it,). Add this mixture to the milk and stir a little to achieve consistency.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mixing as you add, make sure you stir all the way to the bottom of the bowl so you don't miss anything. If you are adding nuts or raisins you have to add it now.
4. Prepare the streusel topping. Mix all the streusel ingredients until it's crumbly and looks like this...
5. Pour the batter into deep loaf pans (about 3 inches deep). Pour one layer first about 1 inch thick and top it with the streusel mix then pour another layer and repeat the same procedure with the topping. I like to make the topmost streusel thicker because it makes the bread top sweet and crunchy. Bake at 250 degrees for 40 minutes, check if its done by sticking a toothpick into the bread if it comes out clean its done, if not then bake it for another 10 minutes.
Cool before removing from pan and slicing.
Nice and crunchy on the outside
Soft and moist on the inside
Enjoy Your Homemade Cinnamon Bread !